Saturday, August 3, 2013

Friday night with Friends

Last night was 'Friday Night with Friends' hosted by Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin'.  I did some sewing on a new design that I am currently working on - but Sorry - can't show you pictures of it just yet!  I hadn't intended on spending so much time on it last night as I wanted to work on a stitchery - but when you get an idea sometimes you just have to go with it!  So it wasn't until about 10pm that I decided to have a rest from the design work - and get out my stitchery.  So I really didn't make a lot of progress - but it was nice a relaxing to stitch away while watching some TV. 

This is the kit that we received at our stitching day -  'Friends in Stitches' last weekend.  I am using a hoop for the first time - so it is taking me a little longer than normal as I am trying to get the hang of using this hoop.  But so far I am enjoying it and the hoop does seem to hold the fabric better and make the stitches more even.  This stitchery is called 'Room for Friends' by Cinderberry Stitches.
Pop over and see what everyone else got up to at Friday night with Friends!
Happy Sewing!
Jody

7 comments:

  1. thats the project i have started on also Jody and looking forward to seeing your new design.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stitchery. I don't always use a hoop but it does make the finished stitchery smoother.

    valspierssews@gmail.com
    http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious if you ladies and your fabulous kits from the weekend. Look forward to seeing this project evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little stitches. Looks like a fun project.
    Enjoy your new design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It loks like a cute design..I haven't tried to master working with a hoop..is it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty stitching project, cute little house.

    ReplyDelete