Thursday, July 18, 2013

iPod & iPad Covers - new Pattern!

Well - a lot has been happening around here the last few weeks!  Over the school holidays I held two sewing classes at my lovely local patchwork shop - Riviera Patchwork.  It was a school holiday activity for kids and they made an iPod/phone cover in the first class and an iPad Cover in the second class the following week.

We had a great class of 6 girls - ranging in age from 8 to 12 years old.  Only a couple of them had used a sewing machine before - but they all took to it really well and successfully completed their projects on the day.  They all seemed to really enjoy the class and enjoyed being able to make something useful for themselves (or for family/friends).  I'm hoping to run this class again next school holidays plus I will probably come up with a different project so that these girls can come back and do another class too.  I really enjoyed teaching this class and loved seeing them all ironing, cutting, pinning and sewing confidently on the sewing machines and finish their projects. It was great! 

Both the projects I have designed myself and I have written instructions aimed at the beginner - so they have plenty of photos to help along the way.  You can pick up a copy of both the patterns (and some we have kitted too) at Riviera Patchwork.  We have kept the cost down as they are a simple beginner patterns too.   
I have also just opened my own Etsy store!  This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.  I have listed the iPod/Phone Cover on my Etsy store as an instant downloadable pattern.  Here's a picture from the pattern cover.  The cover uses Velcro to close the pouch and keep your iPod or phone secure and there is a pocket at the back for your headphones.  There is a link to my Etsy store on the right hand side of my blog.

At this stage I have not put the iPad cover on Etsy - as the pattern template is drawn on A3 size paper.  But it is something I may change so that it can be printed onto A4 later on down the track. 
I also plan to add some more patterns to my Etsy store soon - so keep an eye out!
Happy Sewing everyone!
Jody     

1 comment:

  1. this is so lovely Jody,well done and good luck with your esty shop.xx

    ReplyDelete