Saturday, March 19, 2011

FNSI results

My Friday Night Sew In was more of a late afternoon, early evening sew in, as I knew I was coming down with some nasty cold/flu thingy.  But with two kids to look after, dinner to prepare and cook, bath, story and getting them ready for bed, I knew I just had to soldier on.  So in between I jumped on the sewing machine and finished off a hat for my son that I had cut out earlier in the day.  My son & I had picked out the fabric for his 'very cool' hat earlier in the week as it had to be something he really loved (so he would wear it!).  This is the 'lazy day hat' by 'Make it Perfect' and is a great design and I was really happy with the results.  The pattern is from toddlers right through to adult sizes so you can reuse it over and over (which is great for growing children!).  I made the medium size for my son and it is a perfect fit.  He loved it as you can probably tell from the photo!  It is reversable so he can choose to wear it as a blue or an orange hat!

Also Jodie Carleton from Ric Rac is running a raffle to win a custom made softie toy to raise money for the Japan Quake Appeal.  There is also a link there to a master list of auctions and raffles that are raising money for this great cause.  Money from these auctions and raffles goes to the Red Cross and Global Giving Funds.

Happy sewing eveyone,
Jody

6 comments:

  1. HI Jody, How are you? Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the ricrac link. I've entered. I did pretty good with my vignette last night. I started in the late arvo and went to about 9pm, between bites of pizza that is. Hope you feel better soon, Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better soon Jody i didnt get a thing sewn though i wanted to i have had food poisoning for a couple of days and still i dont feel well.I love your sons hat and the fabrics that you chose and he does look very proud of it,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon. That's one cute little man you have and he looks sweet in his new hat. So I'd say you had a very successful FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great hat! It is apparent the your son loves it! Great results for FNSI.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking hat and a very cute model.
    Hope those nasty flu bugs changed their minds and left in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat Jody, and it looks like Max does too by that cheeky smile...

    ReplyDelete