Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

Thanks to Heidi & Bobbi for organising their Friday Night Sew In again.  I had big plans to get some serious sewing done but unfortuantly the kids decided to stay up late and I had trouble getting my 4 year old to stay in bed.  I think he finally got to sleep at 10:30pm!  Anyway, I managed to get out my 'Woodland Magic' pattern from Natalie Ross and made a start at least.  I got the quilt top pieced and sewn together and now I have the applique to start on.  I am changing this design a little, as I plan to have it cover a canvas I have had sitting in the cupboard for a while and then hang it up on the wall.  So instead of being perfectly square mine will be rectangular and the tree applique will be altered slightly to fit.  But so far I am happy with the fabric and layout.  Here it is so far justed pinned onto the canvas to give me an idea of how it will sit.  


Jody

1 comment:

  1. What time did you go to bed!! I was in bed by 10.30, I think. Looks great, Jody. Can't wait to see the finished thing.

    ReplyDelete