Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mum's cushion

Finally finished the cushion for my mum's birthday! The design is from Kelly - from Don't Look Now! and it is part of the boarder from her Meg's garden quilt. It's done using raw edge applique and free motion quilting. I'm giving it to mum today - so I hope she likes it!





Mum picked out the design for the quilt a while ago as I said I would make her a quilt. As this technique that Kelly uses was new to me, I said I would make a cushion first. So I did a workshop with Kelly and then I made this cushion. I'm really enjoyed making this and am very happy with the finished product. Now for the big project.....the quilt! I have my Christmas sewing to do first, so I will probably start the quilt next year - but I'll keep you posted!

Happy sewing everyone!

Jody

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jody, This cushion is very beautiful, I like it very much ! Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete